Thursday, May 9, 2013

What if(s)...

I remember scoring 19/20 on my probability exam in high-school, it was my favorite math chapter ever. I've always been fascinated by the infinity of choices we face in life and making decisions was never an easy task for me. This can be seen as an obstacle, something that will handicap me in life. Some would even call it paranoia. I'd rather call it excess of creativity! (very humble, huh?)

And when I talk about choices and decisions, I cannot but mention one of my favorite movies: "Mr. Nobody". This movie blew my mind away as it literally illustrated the process I go through every time I'm not sure of my decision. Sometimes I wish I could see the consequences of a certain decision before choosing what to do. But this would probably block me from doing anything as there is always a better choice. Going back to the movie, it's a MUST WATCH (especially that Jared Leto plays the main character OMG!!!) but it's kind of hard to find in Lebanon. Anyway, here's the trailer if you want to check it out ;]




When I think about my future, my career life, the options available, I notice that I can't pick. My major, Agribusiness, allows to work in several fields, which makes me hesitate. I can identify at least 3 different lives I would love to live.

That's what weekends are for!







In life number one, I live in a big city such as Paris and I work in marketing in the food industry, ideally at Coca-Cola, Unilever, or Nestlé. I go early to work and come home late but I spend my weekends home watching movies and listening to music with my man who is a very stylish Parisian.













Smallville-ish barn
Life number two is completely different. I live in a farm in Kansas, I'm married to a farmer. Our house is actually a barn that we have transformed to a loft. We plant various things and we follow the good agricultural practices, providing a very good quality to the consumer (hmmm... so that AGSC203 course wasn't that useless after all...). We sell directly to the consumer through an online process.



Husband is a lumberjack? Steal his shirts!


And finally, in my third life I live in a house in the middle of an Irish forest and my husband is  a lumberjack and a musician. I'm not sure what my job is but I blog about it. We don't earn much money... but who cares? At least we're free (that's such a hipster comment).






It's 2:00 AM already and I have to wake up soon... I'm happy I found sometime to blog! I better go sleep now.

But hey, you can leave a comment and tell me about your "dream life"!

I'd like to end this by a quote from Mr. Nobody: 

"Every path is the right path. Everything could've been anything else. And it would have just as much meaning."

8 comments:

  1. My best dreams are my adolescence dream: I was a pro tennis player, a war journalist, a flight attendant, a speakrine, a world traveller...... And till now I am still dreaming..Wjat I know for sure that dreaming keep me much alive and happy, and I am always inspired by those dreamer/achiever... Hope that U'll achieve all it dreams. I love reading ur blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreams are the only thing that is real. Thank you for your comment :]

      Delete
  2. I just read this properly, and I Love it!
    You prolly know me by now, I live to work, I'd Live to raise a family either somewhere in Europe or the States. Auditing/ consulting is my thing, and I'd Love to live with my boi in a loft, stressing on the fact that we must have a piano, a good sound system and a mini bar!

    L,xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my dreams would be living with ya ;]

      Delete
  3. My dream life would be working in DisneyLand on weekdays (part time) so i can do everything else in my free time. And a gogo dancer during the weekend in veryy exclusive clubs. Oh and i get to travel to other countries to plan the openings of new Disneylands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that would be so cool! I'm not a fan of Disneyland nor am I into dancing but I can somehow relate to your dreams! That life would be everything but routine !

      Delete
  4. Currently, my dream is to finish studying for a final.
    will post a more elaborate one when I'm done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's everyone's dream now, finals suck :[

      Delete