Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Godfather, Animal Prints, And Gainsbourg!

When you say The Godfather, the first thing that comes to my mind is the movies' soundtrack. I mean that's probably the most catchy melody I've ever heard. And whether you've watched the trilogy or not (I have, and you should), you definitely heard the soundtrack somewhere. Anyway, it's on this italian mafia-ish wave that we were invited to dine at the very chic Cavalli Caffè, in Beirut.



Trying to look Sicillian with these pearls?


Let's be honest, I am not fond of Cavalli's clothing. It is probably one of my least favorite brands. Animal prints are just not my thing and I've never endorsed this trend. When it comes to furniture, the only animal printed piece I've really liked is Le Corbusier's LC4 cow-skin chair.


Hey Santa, you know what I want now!



Surprisingly enough, these patterns didn't annoy me that much at Cavalli Caffè and I guess we can say that other aspects of the night made up for it. 


1- The music:
This is one of the most important things to me in a place. I can easily hate or fall in love with a place just for its music. At Cavalli Caffè the music was perfect, and they even played two of my favorite classic french songs (Aux Armes Et Cætera by Serge Gainsbourg / Le Vent Nous Portera by Noir Désir) during the dinner.




2- The Food:
Excellent italian food. The menu is obviously well studied and the products are of good quality. My personal favorite is the quinoa salad. The côte de bœuf was overcooked to my taste but that's because I like my meat rare. Oh and the tarte aux pommes is to die for!























3- The Drinks:
They were serving Sangria, a festive drink that makes everyone happy! Also, they have their own wine and vodka.











4- The People:
I can't really tell you about the usual clientèle because it was a special event, but the staff is well trained and the manager will do everything to make you feel at home. He might even offer you a drink!
Paola & Maher, our awesome hosts!



All in all Cavalli Caffè kind of reconciled me with the italian designer and I'll definitely be revisiting to enjoy the quinoa salad! Not sure I'll be wearing animal prints anytime soon though ;]


Check out Cavalli Caffè Beirut on the web:

No comments:

Post a Comment